Study Chinese in Beijing in a small group at a time that is suitable for you. LTL Mandarin School offers you first class Chinese lessons…
HOMESTAY IN BEIJING
We pride ourselves on our Beijing Homestay programs and it’s not hard to see why.
We select and work with our families very closely making sure you get the most out of your stay so that you can experience proper Chinese immersion.
This is a sure fire way to help immerse yourself into Chinese culture. You have the opportunity to propel your Chinese language skills ahead fast.
Homestay’s are hugely popular with our students and encourage them to learn Chinese 24/7. Becoming part of a Chinese family in China will help bring out as much Mandarin in you as possible.
- Become part of a Chinese family
- Learn Chinese all day, every day
- Breakfast and Dinner provided
- Own bedroom with facilities
- WiFi and bills all included
- Explore Beijing with your host family
Speed Up Your Mandarin
Chinese Immersion – Learn Chinese all day and take it in
Food – Talk over Breakfast and Dinner everyday
Speak – Practice what you learned in class with your family
Only you – 1 student per homestay
Experience – Over 80% of our students choose the homestay
Matched for you – We carefully place students and families
Choice – Vegetarian, gluten free, halal, vegan and more
Questions and Support – Any problems, just speak to us
Relaxed and Comfortable
Selected Families – We choose each homestay carefully
Real China – Become part of the family in their own home
Bills and WiFi – All included for your convenience
Helpful – Your host family, and LTL will always be here to help
Fresh Food – Experience Chinese cuisine everyday
Weekends and Weeknights – Travel with your Chinese family
Day to Day living – Experience Chinese TV, music and more
100% Immersion – There’s no better way to learn
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH A BEIJING HOMESTAY
- TOUCH BASE WITH US – Have a chat to us first and foremost. Let’s get to know exactly what you are after and we’ll advise and assist you with the process from here.
- TELL US MORE – Complete our Homestay Questionnaire on the website. This will allow us to place you with exactly the right host family based on your answers.
- ONE WEEK BEFORE ARRIVAL TO CHINA – You’ll receive information regarding your homestay along with a few pictures and their address. You are welcome to start contacting them as and when you want to.
- DAY OF ARRIVAL IN CHINA – If you’ve booked an Airport Pick up or Survival Kit our private driver will be on hand to collect you. If not, you can head to a taxi and show them the address for your homestay. Once you arrive at your homestay you will enjoy introductions with your new Chinese family and settle in. Your host family will treat you to dinner, and you’ll make your first steps with the Chinese language.
- FIRST DAY AT LTL SCHOOL – Your host family will take you to the school for your first day of class, so you don’t have to worry about getting lost. Come in, meet your fellow students and the LTL staff and get settled into life in Beijing.
BEIJING HOMESTAY PRICING (in CNY)
Below is a list of prices for the LTL Homestay in Beijing. We are also happy to put you in touch with any previous students who experienced our Beijing Homestay’s if this helps put your mind at ease.
If you need further information just get in touch using our live chat or drop us an email.
(price per week)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Homestays are more expensive. Why?
A homestay is a unique experience that will allow you to experience Chinese immersion in Beijing.
You are not just staying at a hotel, you become a family member here.
You are fed authentic and local food everyday. The experience here is very different to that of a shared apartment and your language skills will benefit accordingly.
On top of that the Homestay accommodation is generally of a higher living quality than some of the other accommodation choices.
Do I have to join breakfast and dinner everyday?
It is no problem if you wish to skip a dinner or breakfast.
However, we’d advise inform your family beforehand because they would be expecting you.
How do I get to school?
Your homestay will take you to school on day 1.
The journey time is on average 30 minutes and pretty convenient. From then you decide how you wish to travel whether it be by foot, bike (Meituan and Mobike are hugely popular shared bike apps in China), Beijing Metro, Bus or Taxi.
Can I lock my bedroom door?
Yes you will always be able to lock your door.
Is there air-con and heating?
Yes there will be both air conditioning and heating.
Can I wash my clothes?
Yes you will and in many instances your host family will offer to do this for you.
Each homestay family will have access to a washing machine.
How many LTL students choose the homestay?
In total 80% of students opt for homestays.
They are popular for a reason – the progress you make and the experience you enjoy are unrivalled!
If I want, can I stay with my friend at the same homestay?
We can arrange this if you so wish.
Speak to us and we will work with you accordingly although homestays maximise their potential when it’s one student per household.
What about the language barrier for important matters?
This is part and parcel of the homestay. Embrace it rather than fear it.
You will find a solution, whether it be via a dictionary app, or persistence. Plug away, you will find a compromise.
That said if it is of major importance you can contact us at LTL, your student advisor or a friend and we can assist.
This is why a homestay is so great, you find solutions you never thought were possible. If you’re a complete beginner and you’d like to get some survival Chinese under your belt before you come to China take a look at our Flexi Classes.
What is the food like?
You will enjoy a whole variety of local, authentic Chinese dishes will be at your disposal.
Your host family will prepare dinner every evening for you. Anything from homemade dumplings, noodles, different kinds of meats and many more. The cuisine is delightful and we are convinced you won’t be disappointed.
Can I request a smoke-free homestay?
Yes this is of course no problem.