Learn Chinese Online – Preparation Course
Learn Chinese Online
Our Learn Chinese Online program is a pre-arrival course designed for complete beginners.
It will get you ready for all the situations you might encounter during your first few days in China and will make sure that you are well-prepared.
You can choose from either the Basic option which will be 10 hours of classes, or the Comprehensive option which is 20 hours.
The Basic course includes five modules that we think are essential for a beginner Chinese learner coming to China. The Comprehensive course builds on this, offering five further modules. Each module is a 2 hour class.
If you choose the Basic option you can schedule all of the classes on weekends, whereas for the Comprehensive course you would need to be free on some week nights too. There will be a fixed schedule, the same for each week arranged for you and your teacher.
Please also bear in mind that, this course must booked around 6 weeks before you come to China to make sure you have enough time to schedule the classes and complete all the modules. Take a look at the modules covered in both options below:
Basic Course Modules
Five modules are included which are as follows:
- Introductions – all the basics for meeting new people
- Food – how to grab a bite to eat and survive your first few days
- Airport – everything you need to know when you first land in China
- Accommodation – learn the basics to communicate with your landlord or host family
- Transport – Getting around by taxi or taking the subway in China
Comprehensive Course Modules
Basic modules plus:
- Supermarket – how to do your day-to-day grocery shopping
- Bank – Chinese for your banking needs
- Travel Kit – survival vocab for travelling around China
- Make a friend – talk about your hobbies and interests
- Find our School – helping you to prepare for your first day of classes in LTL
Preparation Course Pricing (Chinese Yuan)
|No. of Hours
|No. of Modules
||Week days & Weekends
- 10/20 hours of Chinese class before coming to China
- Taught by a fully certified Chinese teacher
- Learn Chinese before arriving to China and continue when going back home
Learn Chinese Online – Continuation Course
Learning Chinese Online – Get your Mandarin ahead fast
If you’re worried about forgetting all the Chinese you have learnt during your time at LTL and want to keep progressing your Chinese level once you return to your home country, then our Continuation course is just the thing you need.
If you would like to study with the same teacher you had at our school in Beijing, Shanghai or Chengde, we will do our best do arrange it for you.
This might mean you would need to be a bit more flexible with your availability.
The classes will be arranged to suit both you and your teacher’s schedules. You can keep studying with the same materials you used in China, or of course choose to study with new materials too.
We will try to arrange your program to make sure your studies are as smooth as possible.
If you have any immediate questions regarding our Learn Chinese Online program please contact us either via the contact form above, or the live chat feature at the bottom right hand side of the screen.
Learn Chinese Online – Standalone Course
If you’re not sure when you’ll be able to have time to come and study at LTL or if for now you just want to learn Chinese in your home country, then we have you covered with our Standalone Online Chinese Course.
Any level of Mandarin learners are welcome to book this course, from complete beginner to advanced students.
You can decide how many hours per week you want to learn and the length of course you want to book.
Before starting your online course, you will have a language assessment with our Director of Studies where you can talk about your language goals and discuss study materials etc.
After this you will be assigned a teacher and classes will be arranged to suit both of your schedules.
Continuation & Standalone Course Pricing (CNY)
|No. of Hours
- Each session you have with your teacher would be a minimum of 1.5 hours/class.
- The minimum no. of hours that can be purchased is 20, and can go up to as many as you would like.
- You will have a fixed schedule, the same every week. If give your teacher at least 24 hours advance notice in you can rearrange a class if necessary.
- In case you do need to cancel some of your classes, remember you need to take the classes at the very most within 2 years of your booking.