There are many options for your child to learn Mandarin with LTL in China. Our main aim is always to provide a safe and effective learning environment, while making sure that students enjoy China and studying Mandarin. We are always available for questions and support, both for students and parents.
The LTL China Guardian Program
For students coming to China that are younger than 18 years, we offer the LTL China Guardian Program. A guardian is a dedicated person to help and support your child during their time in China. He will also be authorized by you to act as their legal guardian in China. This is important because for many things like police registrations, visa issues or checking into international hospitals, the presence of a legal guardian is required. The guardian will be an LTL team member.
The China Guardian Program includes
- A guardian to provide additional support and help for your child whenever needed.
- Act as a general point of contact with the child’s parent. If you have any questions regarding your child’s language progress, living situation or just want to know how things are going, just send the guardian an email.
- International Hospital support: if your child gets sick the China guardian will accompany them to an international hospital and sign all required admission and registration forms. Unless accompanied by a legal guardian, international hospitals in Beijing usually will not admit patients under 18 years of age. This service is available 24/7.
- Organize your child’s local police registration. Foreigners younger than 18 years of age are not allowed to register by themselves with the Chinese police.
- Airport drop off: We will bring your child not just to the airport but all the way to the check in counter and make sure everything is ok.
Please note that the China guardian will be there to support your child and always be available in emergencies. However, this is not a 24/7 supervision program. All Prices in listed in Chinese Yuan.
||700 / week
The Survival Kit
If your child is visiting China for the first time, we definitely recommend purchasing a survival kit.
Survival Kit – 1,815 CNY
The China Connection Kit
The China connection kit is a great way for your child to meet Chinese kids of a similar or same age. Your child will have a language exchange partner and a city ambassador, who often end up becoming friends for life.
Connection Kit – 900 CNY
In a nutshell, Beijing is very safe and this service is usually not required. However, if you so wish, we can arrange for a staff member to accompany your child to and from school Monday to Friday. The cost will depend on the distance from the accommodation to LTL School. It generally never exceeds more than 1000 CNY a week.
The 24/7 upgrade
If you want your child to be supervised 24/7 by the LTL team, be accompanied to and from school and have someone always keep track where your child is, we recommend the 24/7 upgrade. As stated before, Beijing is a very safe place and this generally isn’t needed if your child adheres to what we say on a day-to-day basis.
24/7 Upgrade – Additional cost per week: 3,000 CNY
Family China Programs
Come to China together with your children and experience China as a family. We organize tailored family Chinese programs customized for your family in Beijing, Shanghai, Chengde, and Taipei. Programs can include accommodation, Chinese courses, visa support and full trip organization. Contact us to get more information.
Chinese Summer camp
Your child joins our Chinese summer camp in Beijing. You are welcome to join as a parent, but teenagers from 11 onwards can also come to China by themselves.
Teenagers 15 years or older can join our small group or individual Mandarin classes in Beijing and Shanghai. Accommodation for all students younger than 18 is always with a homestay to make sure there is a family looking after them. For teens younger than 16 the guardian program is mandatory, for 16 and 17 year old students it is recommended but not obligatory. Students can come to China for their Mandarin course at any time of the year. Find more information about our Chinese courses in Beijing and about Chinese courses in Shanghai here.