Study at a High School in Taipei for One or Two Semesters visa free. Learn Mandarin in Taipei and gain access to all expenses paid…
HIGH SCHOOL IN SHANGHAI
Join Shanghai University High School for One or Two Semesters and enjoy the experience of a lifetime in China.
Shanghai is often referred to as the New York of the East. A mind-boggling city with endless opportunities.
Studying at a High School in Shanghai will allow you to enhance your Chinese skills, make friends to last a lifetime and explore this megalopolis of endless activities.
Students with any Chinese level can apply and that includes students with no current knowledge to date.
Please speak to us for further details if you are unsure or read on more for more information.
- High School Program in Shanghai, affiliated to one of China’s top universities
- Founded in 1954
- Approx. 1500 students
- 10 minutes walk to subway stop
- Approx. 20 minutes travel time to city centre
OUR STUDENTS’ EXPERIENCES
Shanghai University High School
Becoming a part of a High School in Shanghai is an incredible step to take and one that can hugely benefit foreign students, not least with the ability to be able to understand and speak Chinese after a successful stay.
Shanghai University High School is affiliated to one of Shanghai’s top universities and has over 60 years of history alongside roughly 1,500 current students.
PLEASE NOTE – All applicants are welcome, you do not have to have a current level of Chinese to be able to apply for the Shanghai High School program.
The school is located just 10 minutes from a Subway Stop and is roughly 20 minutes travel from the centre of Shanghai city.
The School boasts an International department which splits into two Semesters:
- First Semester – intensive Chinese Language program
- Second Semester – Chinese Language program, English Class, PE class, Calligraphy Class and Culture class.
High School in Shanghai – Age Restrictions
The Shanghai University High School accepts international students between 14-19 years old interested in attending one or two semesters.
High School in Shanghai // Sample Week
For the students, we’d expect the goal to be, after one year, reach the level of the HSK 4-6 level. Below is a rough schedule as to how lessons are set out at our High School in Shanghai.
PLEASE NOTE – for more information about the curriculum please contact us.
|07:50 – 08:30||Listening||General Chinese||General Chinese||General Chinese||General Chinese|
|08:40 – 09:20||Sport||Sport||General Chinese||Sport||General Chinese|
|09:40 – 10:20||Music||Math – Calculus||Science||Listening||General Chinese|
|10:35 – 11:15||Listening||Math – Calculus||Science||Art||General Chinese|
|13:10 – 13:50||General Chinese||Grammar||General Chinese||General Chinese||Listening|
|14:00 – 14:40||Art||Listening||General Chinese||General Chinese||Students Meeting|
|14:55 – 15:35||General Chinese||General Chinese||Computer @ Library||General Chinese||FREE|
|07:50 – 08:30||Geography||Science||English||English||English|
|08:40 – 09:20||Sport||Sport||English||Sport||English|
|09:40 – 10:20||Science||Science||Chinese Literature||Maths||Geography|
|10:35 – 11:15||Music||History||Chinese Literature||Maths||Art|
|13:10 – 13:50||History||Chinese Literature||Chinese Literature||English||History|
|14:00 – 14:40||Maths||Chinese Literature||General Chinese||History||Students Meeting|
|14:55 – 15:35||Maths||Chinese Literature||Computer @ Library||Maths||FREE|
High School in Shanghai // Prices and Starting Dates
|One Semester||69,423 CNY|
|Two Semester||121,135 CNY|
|Optional 1-on-1 Weekend Classes (40 hrs / 80 hrs)||9,216 / 17,544 CNY|
|Season||Start Dates||End Dates|
|Fall Term||12 Sep, 2022||13 Jan, 2023|
|Spring Term||6 Feb, 2023||9 Jun, 2023|
Note: Small changes in the dates are possible, as the Education Ministry sometimes adjusts school starting dates by a few days. We will communicate any changes in dates with you in as much advance as possible.
POSSIBLE ADD ONS
Below are a list of potential extras you can add onto the program which include a preparation month at LTL. This will stand you in greater stead when it comes to confidence speaking and understanding Chinese.
- Preparation month: 4 weeks Group class 20 hr/wk= 8,528 CNY
- Preparation month: 4 weeks Homestay half (breakfast and dinner) single room = 10,388 CNY
- Spring Festival Break: 4 weeks Homestay Full board (breakfast lunch and dinner) = 10,320 CNY
- Additional 1-on-1 weekend Chinese classes: 17,544 CNY (80 hours) or 9,216 CNY (40 hours)
- High School Tuition and placement
- Dormitory accommodation
- Each dormitory accommodates 2-4 students
- Rooms are furnished and have telephones equipped
- Legal Guardian Program for the duration of the stay
- Visa invitation
- Orientation Day at LTL Shanghai
- DHL Service for Visa Letters from LTL
- Survival Kit (includes Airport Pick up)
- Airport Drop off
- Visa fees (visa issuance)
- School uniform and books: 4000 CNY (1 Semester)
- Spring Festival Break Accommodation
- International Health Insurance
- International Flights (your location to Shanghai)
High School in Shanghai – FAQ’s
All our FAQ’s for our High School programs are listed on our High School in China page. Please visit there to get your questions answered.
If you have further queries please just speak to us and we’ll resolve any other questions you may have.